Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hello Educators!

Hi! I am Laura and I am so excited to share with you all of my creative ideas for the classroom. I am a passionate, energetic, driven, and creative uppergrades teachers. I really love teaching...you'd have to for what they pay us-- right :)

I taught third grade for two years. Love it. Moved up to teach fifth grade for two years. Loved it more. And this upcoming 2012-2013 year I will be teaching fourth grade, and I am sure I will love it!

I know it is summer, but I have been busy, busy, busy planning away for next school year. I am excited to be using the Common Core (CC) that Georgia adopted. It will mean more teachers working on the same standards and more creative and exciting ideas being produced.

In college I had a teacher, Bob Smith, who was fantastic. He always said, "Beg, Borrow, and if you must Steal." (I'm sure he borrowed that quote too). Feel free to use my ideas and improve upon my ideas, but please give credit where credit is due.

So a little background on myself. I am a Georgia native. I don't consider myself southern, but Vinny (from Jersey) sure does. I have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful son who turns 3 in July. I am in awe everyday of him. I do a sport called Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. (Here is some Wikipedia if you have no idea what I just said.) I love to laugh and am constantly thinking about school.

Welcome and thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment